You can find articles online why developers hate low-code, but they don’t take in account that there are also low-code platforms developers actually love. One such low-code platform is Crust Low-Code. Crust Low-Code is excellent for a whole range of things, from citizen-development to smart apps. However developers also love it for the following 9 reasons:
#1: Maintenance is easy
As with any kind of software implementation, the trickiest part usually comes a few years down the road. The solution has been running smoothly for a couple of years, but now there are new requirements. While you would be stuck in some low-code platforms, you’re not in Crust. Requirements that lie outside of the architectural structure of your initial implementation can be solved in Crust. Firstly, Crust is API-centric, and allows you to integrate with third-party solutions. Secondly, the Corredor automation engine enables the developer to add complex automations, going way beyond the normal record automation capabilities of other platforms. And thirdly, Crust is open-source and standards based. You have all the flexibility you need to fulfill any future requirement, however complex it may be.
#2: Create a custom look-and-feel
A good low-code platform goes beyond the possibility of only modifying the css or some configuration options. Thanks to the block-based, drag-and-drop page editor in the Crust Low-Code Platform, you are in full control of any page layout. However, if this is not enough, you can create your own portal, and use the API to retrieve or push any information to Crust. As a developer you can easily use the API for this.
#3: One size fits none
You often hear “One size fits all”, but at Crust we know that every business or organisation is different. So, that’s why we implemented a system that gives you optimal flexibility to handle any use case, whether it be an education cloud, service solution, customer portal, donation tracking system, or even an IoT dashboard.
#4: You can use code where needed
Sometimes the requirements are so complex that a simple Low-Code module and page configuration are not enough. That’s why developers can extend and customize Crust, and develop new use case specific features, such as implementing business logic, custom user interface, task automation and much more. If you want to dive in to the extending and customizing options of Crust, we would recommend that you check out the extensive documentation.
#5: Low-code does not mean flying blind
In a good low-code platform a developer is able to test and debug code. For developers, Crust includes:
- An action (audit) log
- Ability to capture log output from scripts
- Automation scripts (wrapped in a method) that allow (unit) testing
- Extensions testing and debugging
- Ability to load (3rd party) scripts as extensions and overload them if needed
This means that with the Crust Low-Code Platform developers are not flying blind. Testing and capturing errors is possible.
#6: Sometimes you just need to add a simple function
Often there are small functions in applications that do simple things, such as converting a date format or changing a string into a number. While in some low-code platforms you might solve 90% of the cases with filters or switches, you’re stuck with the other 10%. However, in Crust you will be able to do everything you need.
#7: Low-code can be very efficient
#8: Easy to learn (or you might already know how to do it)
#9: You’re not locked in
Unlike with proprietary low-code platforms, you are not locked in when you use Crust. Firstly, Crust is free and open-source. And secondly, Crust is complete standardised. There is no lock-in in any way with the Crust Low-Code Platform, so Crust is the safe choice upon which to grow your business.